How To Prepare For Your Curbside Appointment
To help you prepare for your appointment, we want to share what the process will look like and what you can expect to happen when you arrive.
While various veterinary hospitals may have slightly different processes and protocols for curbside care, the general pattern usually entails the following:
- Please call or text our hospital to let us know you have arrived.
- When we are ready to greet you at the door, one of our receptionists or registered veterinary technicians will greet you at our door and they will bring your pet into our hospital for their appointment.
- Your concerns and your pet’s medical history are thoroughly reviewed.
- The veterinary team performs a thorough physical examination on your pet.
- Depending on the type of appointment you booked, you may be asked to wait in the car during your pet’s visit or you may be given a pick-up time later in the day, in which case you are free to leave the parking lot.
- The veterinarian or veterinary technician calls with an update on your pet’s health, explains any treatment or medication that may be required, and provides a treatment plan for recommended services or medication.
- After you have given authorization, any necessary diagnostics and treatments are performed.
- Your pet is returned to you, your payment is processed, and you receive any required medications or products for your pet.
- At this point, the veterinarian or veterinary technician may communicate any additional details about administering medication and the side effects to watch out for.
We understand curbside care does offer some unique challenges, but it is truly in the best interest of you, your pet, and the entire veterinary team as we work together to keep everyone safe and healthy!
Bring a written letter for the veterinary team – it's great way to help convey detailed information.
Otherwise, the veterinary team member may speak with you briefly at our door and our veterinarian will call you from inside the building for a more in-depth conversation about your concerns.